UK Rail Operators require taxis and ground transport to move both rail staff and rail passengers, with both planned and unplanned movements. Speed of response and punctuality is crucial.
- Punctual and time critical taxi movements to ensure train crew are at the correct location on time.
- Short notice engineering work or unplanned disruptions results in the requirement to move often high volumes of passengers at short notice.
- Cabline created an analysis tool to help identify and rationalise planned weekly taxi requirements for train crew. Cabline managed the whole process; planning the services and allocating suitable suppliers, identifying best pick up locations and monitoring performance and punctuality.
- Cabline created and managed a supply chain network to deliver fast response, multi seat solutions, moving passengers quickly and efficiently. Agreed lines of communication and provision of live status updates via the customer portal meant staff on the ground always had the latest data on hand.
- Achieved significantly improved reliability and punctuality of taxis, eliminating booking errors and subsequently preventing costly train delays
- Faster response times, controlled costs, detailed data resulting in improved incident management and minimising disruption and inconvenience to passengers.